Welcome to the Chapel
Ever since St Chad’s College was founded in 1904, the Chapel has been an important part of its life. Despite the numerous changes in the College during the subsequent century, the Chapel remains a place of quiet reflection and Christian worship. A small, humble building under the shadow (literally!) of a great cathedral, the Chapel has maintained a distinctive tradition of modern Anglican Catholic liturgy and music which draws students from other colleges and visitors from the broader Durham community.
After the Sunday morning service, we have refreshments in the College Quad before lunch. All students are warmly invited to join us for coffee and pastries during this time, whether or not they came to the service—and many take us up on the offer!