What to do now
Submit your AS12 reply
Before you arrive it is very important that you let us know that you are accepting your place by completing the AS12 web form – see https://www.dur.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/offer/.
You will receive confirmation of the data you have submitted through the web form. If any of the details are incorrect, please follow the instructions on the reply you received.
It can take up to a week for the University to process your AS12. Once the AS12 has been processed you will receive an email which confirms that your student record has been created By sending this acceptance you will set off a chain of events so that you receive your Password and User ID to access the University On-Line Enrolment system. Failure to send your acceptance will result in delays in you being able to complete your enrolment. More information regarding completing enrolment can be found below.
Enrolment opens eight weeks before the start of your programme. After your acceptance has been processed you will receive two email messages from email@example.com which provide:
- Your Computing and Information Services (CIS) username
- How to derive your CIS password and guidance on how to access the system
The messages are sent 24 hours apart and are sent to the email address you provided when you applied so it’s important to let us know of any changes to this information.
After you have received both emails you will need to:
- Change your password
- Log into Durham University Online – duo
- Choose the “Banner Self Service” link in duo under “External Tools”
- Choose Registration and Enrolment
- Enrol with the University
- Upload a photograph for your campus card
- You will receive information from your department about registering for your programme and modules. You should follow the advice given about whether to complete registration for programmes and modules before you come to Durham, or whether to wait until you arrive before making final choices, so that your department can give you further advice and information.
Free Microsoft Office 365!
Durham University undergraduates and taught post-graduates can download Office 365 free of charge, saving you around £60! Once you have accepted your place here and got your University email address, visit www.durham.ac.uk/cis/email/studentemail/office/ and follow the instructions.