There are three stages to the registration process:
- Module Registration
- Verification of Identity
Enrolment and Module Registration
After your acceptance has been processed you will receive two email messages from email@example.com which provide:
- Your Computing and Information Services (CIS) username
- How to derive your CIS password and guidance on how to access the system
The messages are sent 24 hours apart and are sent to the email address you provided when you applied so it’s important to let us know of any changes to this information.
After you have received both emails you will need to:
- Change your password
- Log into Durham University Online – duo
- Choose the “Banner Self Service” link in duo under “External Tools”
- Choose Registration and Enrolment
- Enrol with the University
- Upload a photograph for your campus card
You will receive information from your department about registering for your programme and modules. You should follow the advice given about whether to complete registration for programmes and modules before you come to Durham or whether to wait until you arrive before making a final choice so that your department can give you further advice and information.
Enrolment and upload of photograph should be completed at least 12 calendar days before your start date
- Module choices need to be made by 5 pm on Tuesday of Induction Week (information and advice on module choices will be given in departments on Monday and Tuesday of induction week).
Identity Verification & Collection of Campus Cards
College staff will be available from 10.30am – 14.00pm on Monday 30th September in the Academic Office in St Chad’s College to verify your identification and to collect your campus card.
Please note there will be no campus card for you if you have not completed the Banner self-service enrolment procedure via DUO (see enrolment information for more information).
You will need to bring either your current passport, current UK Driving Licence or current European Identity Card. If you are a UK student and you do not have any of these forms of identification you can bring your original Birth Certificate. After you have had your identity verified you can then collect your campus card.
If you require assistance through the enrolment process, please contact your college, department or further guidance is available on the Student Registry website at If you have a technical problem, please contact the IT Service Desk
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY:
Are required to provide their passport number and if you have not already done so please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have a query regarding your CAS statement you should contact email@example.com for information
More information on module registration can be found at: Student Registry
Remember that, in order to receive your emails, you must ensure that you have:
- Notified the University of any changes to your email address (we recommend if you are using a school account you supply us with a personal email address as in some cases school accounts are closed over the summer period)
- Sent your acceptance of your place at Durham via the AS12 web form (you will not receive your emails until you have accepted your place)
- If you have done the above and have not received your email notifications then please email firstname.lastname@example.org, please remember these notifications could be delayed due to volume of replies the University is receiving so please be patient. If you change your personal email address at any time during this process please contact email@example.com with details.
- If you have any technical difficulties with the On-line Enrolment system please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and not the college for assistance.
- More information regarding on-line enrolment and registration can be found here Student Registry