St Chad’s College Community Bursary (for the 2022-23academic year)
The College is keen to encourage students to return to College accommodation in their third / final year. We appreciate that returning students contribute greatly to our ideal of maintaining a balanced residential College community. We are keen to ensure that any student who wishes to live back in during their third / final year should be able to do so, and that the cost of College accommodation should not prove prohibitive.
For the 2022-23 academic year we will be offering five St Chad’s College Community Bursaries worth £1000 each to members of College who return to live in during their 3rd or 4th year of study.
These bursaries will take the form of a deduction of £1000 from your yearly residence charge.
In order to be eligible for this Bursary you must:
- Be entering the third / final year of your academic programme in 2022-23
- Apply to live in College for the 2022-23 academic year by returning the relevant e-mail to College staff by the advertised deadline;
- Be able to demonstrate that you have made, and will continue to make, a positive contribution to our College community through involvement in JCR activities; sports; arts, drama, and music; volunteering; outreach, and other areas.
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
In order to apply for this Bursary, please submit the following by the deadline
- A letter of application explaining why you are a deserving candidate for this Bursary.
You should include in your letter of application any information about your financial situation which you feel may be relevant.
- A copy of your Student Finance notification letter for the current year
Applicants will be notified of the outcome before the deadline for the expression of interest in College accommodation on 2nd November:
We will select five applicants to receive a Community Bursary with a reserve list of a a further three students. If any of the five selected students withdraw from the Room Ballot, the Bursary will pass to the next person on the reserve list.
NOTE: Whilst students entering their second year of study are not eligible for a Community Bursary, they may still apply to live in College during their second year of study and we will happily accommodate them if we have available rooms.