St Chad’s College Community Bursary (for the 2023-24 academic year)
The College is keen to encourage students to return to College accommodation in their third / final year. We appreciate that returning students contribute greatly to our ideal of maintaining a balanced residential College community. We are keen to ensure that any student who wishes to live back in during their third / final year should be able to do so, and that the cost of College accommodation should not prove prohibitive.
For the 2023-24 academic year we will be offering ten St Chad’s College Community Bursaries worth £1000 each to members of College who return to live in during their 3rd or 4th year of study.
These bursaries will take the form of a deduction of £1000 from your yearly residence charge.
In order to be eligible for this Bursary you must:
- Be entering the third / final year of your academic programme in 2023/24;
- Apply to live in College for the 2023/24 academic year by returning the relevant e-mail to College staff by the advertised deadline;
- Be able to demonstrate that you have made, and will continue to make, a positive contribution to our College community through involvement in JCR activities; sports; arts, drama, and music; volunteering; outreach, and other areas;
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
In order to apply for this Bursary, please submit the following by the deadline to the Vice Principal via email to email@example.com:
- A letter of application explaining why you are a deserving candidate for this Bursary.
You should include in your letter of application any information about your financial situation which you feel may be relevant.
- A copy of your Student Finance notification letter for the current year.
For 2023/24 Community Bursary applications, the deadline is 12 noon on 4 November 2022.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their Bursary application before the deadline for the submissions of their firm commitment to living in College on 14 November.
We will select ten applicants to receive a Community Bursary with a reserve list of a further three students. If any of the ten selected students withdraw from the Room Ballot, the Bursary will pass to the next person on the reserve list.
NOTE: Whilst students entering their second year of study are not eligible for a Community Bursary, they may still apply to live in College during their second year of study and we will happily accommodate them if we have available rooms.